Providing Cat Boarding to those in Bellevue, WA and the Surrounding Communities
As much as we would love to take our pets with us everywhere we go, sometimes it is just not possible. While cats are pretty self-sufficient, there are many advantages to cat boarding, whether you're traveling for a few days or a few weeks. Professional cat boarding, especially at a veterinary clinic, ensures your pet is safe at all times. Your home could have many hidden dangers that could be harmful to your cat. For instance, they could miscalculate a jump and injure themselves or get bored and start chewing electrical wires. Your cat could potentially get extra hungry or thirsty and run out of food or water. When you board your cat, they will get fresh water and food daily, giving you peace of mind while you're away. In addition, their litter box will be cleaned every day. Cats have a heightened sense of smell and could avoid the litter box when it becomes too full, meaning they'll find other areas of your home to do their business in. If you have a social cat, they could become sad and depressed when left alone for long periods of time. With boarding, they'll get all the love and attention they desire! In the Bellevue, WA area, pet owners rely on Companion Animal Hospital for reliable cat boarding services.
The team at Companion Animal Hospital is here to make sure that your cat receives the highest quality care available while away from home, whether they're with us while you're going out of town for the weekend or traveling for long periods of time. Because we are a full-service veterinary hospital, we are able to provide the same high standards of care for our boarding pets that we do for our hospital patients.
Learn more about our cat boarding requirements and pricing below. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions at all.
- At least 4 months of age
- A physical exam with one of our veterinarians within the past 12 months
- All the proper pet vaccinations, including FVRCP Vaccine within the past three years and Rabies Vaccine current
- Negative fecal test within the past year
Boarding Prices (Per Night)
Feline Boarding …..$25.50
Second Cat in Same Condo …..$19.00
Medication Administration…… $4.50 - $9.50 per day
Technician Care for Special Needs Cats……..$12.00/day
Fees for diabetic patients include boarding fees, as well as the extra care diabetic pets require. This includes additional monitoring, medication administration including insulin, special diets, etc. Please do not hesitate to ask our staff about additional amenities and the associated costs. You can also read our FAQ page and boarding services page for more specific information.
How to Prepare Your Cat for Cat Boarding & Staying at an Animal Hospital
- Schedule a Visit: Come and visit our animal hospital to tour our cat boarding facilities. You will be able to see what the living spaces are like, the care we give to the cats, and more! It will also familiarize your cat with our animal hospital's boarding facility so that it won't be a foreign place to them.
- Do a Trial Run: Schedule cat boarding for one night to see how your cat responds to staying away from home before you go away for multiple nights and board them with us. This will not only familiarize your cat with the process we have here and what it's like to stay somewhere that is not home, but it can give you peace of mind if your cat responds well. Sometimes it can take another try for them to get used to it, too.
- Make a Packing List: Make a list of everything your cat needs and things that will make them comfortable while away. Favorite bedding or blankets will help them make themselves at home at our cat boarding facilities, and if you bring something you use a lot like a blanket, they may feel even more comfortable. Bring their favorite food to ensure they can eat while you are away. Also bring their favorite toys to make them comfortable and so that they can play!
- Introduce to a Crate: If your cat has never slept in or used a crate before, whether for traveling or in your home, they should be accustomed to one.
Contact Us to Make a Cat Boarding Reservation
If you would like to tour our boarding facility, we offer tours Monday to Friday between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm and between 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm. We are happy to accommodate your schedule with a pre-arranged appointment.
If you are interested in making a boarding reservation for your cat, all you need to do is give us a call during regular business hours and our front office staff will be happy to assist you. For your convenience, our boarding agreement forms are available online for you to print in advance. Please call us to make a boarding reservation at 425-746-1800.