Traveling with Your Pet / Export Services

Within the Contiguous United States and Alaska

If traveling by air, your pet is required to be examined by a veterinarian within 5 to 10 days of your travel date; some airlines require a shorter time frame.
If your pet is deemed fit to travel, the veterinarian will issue a Washington State Small Animal Health Certificate. The following information is required:

  • Your full name and complete current address
  • Complete name and address of your destination

New requirements as of 2009 prohibit the use of P.O Boxes. A complete street address is required for your destination.

  • Documentation of your pet’s Rabies vaccine history if not given at Companion Animal Hospital

Health Certificates are typically valid for 30 days after the issue date for your return flight. However, if you have multiple destinations during your trip you may be required to obtain an additional health certificate prior to departure.
Please contact your airline directly prior to scheduling an appointment for the health certificate to obtain their list of requirements.

Airlines also have specific requirements regarding carrier size, and have “no fly” times during the year in which your pet may not be allowed to travel in the cargo section of the plane due to extreme temperatures. Other times, airlines may simply require a written statement from a veterinarian indicating temperatures that are safe for your pet.

If you are taking a shorter trip and do not need to bring your pet, we also offer reliable dog boarding services.

Outside the Contiguous U.S. - Traveling to Foreign Countries

Unfortunately we no longer offer export services. 

Contact Us

Send us an email


Office Hours (Holiday Hours Vary)

Please see the "Contact Us" page for holiday and modified hours. Thank you!


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


7:00 am-7:00 pm


8:00 am-6:00 pm


10:00 am-4:00 pm