Know The In's and Out's of How To Keep Your Pet Healthy and Happy
Nutrition and Behavior both play a very important role in our pets health. Proper nutrition is crucial in the overall health of your pet, and feeding a high quality diet, healthy treats, and lifelong moderate exercise will extend your pets life and well being.
We recommend Purina Proplan and Purina Veterinary Diets, Royal Canin Diets, and Hills Pet Diets. All are healthy, balanced diets made with high quality ingredients and are available at Companion Animal Hospital.
Behavior is something people don't always think of as an important part of pet health. Watch your pet for changes in their behavior as it could be a sign of illness.
To keep your pet happy and well behaved, be sure to incorporate a few basics into their everyday lives:
- Basic training skills such as come, sit, down, stay, and off will be very important as your pets grow up and interact with all kinds of people, children, and other pets.
- Daily walks and/or interactive playtime for dogs to be engaged and prevent boredom
- Bored dogs get into things or are destructive because they are seeking attention
- Introduce puzzles and games to keep dogs busy and working for treats
- Rotate toy selection each week to prevent boredom
- Purchase a kitty condo for climbing and scratching
- Hide treats around the house for fun hunting games
- Use a laser mouse toy for interactive indoor games
- Rotate toy selection each week for "new" kitty entertainment